1 cup rolled oats
½ cup NutriVital Good For You Wheat Germ
½ cup NutriVital Good For You Chia Seeds
½ cup NutriVital Good For You Sunflower Kernels
½ cup NutriVital Good For You Pepitas
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup chopped Turkish apricots
125 g butter
½ cup honey
½ cup brown sugar
- Grease and line a 16cm x 28cm baking pan.
- Toast the rolled oats, wheat germ, chia seeds, sunflower kernels and pepitas in a frying pan over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes stirring gently. Add coconut, and continue toasting until golden brown.
- Cool toasted seeds in a bowl and stir in the apricots.
- In a small saucepan, stir butter, honey and sugar over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the sugar is fully dissolved. Bring the mixture to the boil, and then reduce to a low heat and simmer (without stirring) for 7 minutes until it has a syrupy consistency.
- Add the syrup to the dry ingredients, combine well.
- Press mixture firmly into baking pan ensuring an even surface.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares or bars.
Store for up to a week in foil-lined airtight container.