- 1/3 cup (80 mL) coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted organic peanut butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) organic whole spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bittersweet chocolate, at least 70 percent cocoa mass, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a baking sheet with natural parchment paper.
In a medium bowl beat together oil and peanut butter until well combined. Beat in brown sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and water, beating until well combined. Combine spelt flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Stir into peanut butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks. The batter will be very thick and quite sticky.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes; then remove to cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 36 cookies.