One of the dishes that vegans often miss the most is macaroni and cheese. This makes the following recipe one of the most sought after.
- 1 cup yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup white or wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 cups soy milk
- 1 pound pasta
- Cook the pasta to taste in boiling water and drain.
- Melt the margarine on the stove.
- Add the flour to the margarine and stir rapidly.
- Continue stirring as you add the soy milk, salt and garlic powder.
- Let the mixture cook until it becomes thick and is at a rolling boil. Keep stirring.
- Add the nutritional yeast flakes; then remove it from the heat.
- Pour the “cheese” sauce over the pasta. Stir and serve.